Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Intro to NABW

Hello Darlings!

It's my first day blogging something that technically has nothing to with my photography business.

On December 14th, 2012 my boyfriend Ricky officially popped the question making him no longer my boyfriend but my fiance'!

Now I'm not your average soon to be bride. First off since the Fi (short for Fiance) and I are paying for the wedding ourselves we thought it would be best to hold off on the actual wedding. We actually disputed this because he wanted to get married in 2014 and I fought for 2015. We also have quite a bit of out of town-ers. A good majority of my BMs (Bridesmaids) are out of state so I figured this too would make life easier on us and on them.

So we decided on a date. January 3rd, 2015.

There's so much to do. As a wedding photographer I've sometimes found myself helping my brides with things that had nothing to do with what my actual services entailed. I always found it easy, but when planning your own wedding its down right hard!

Which brings me to why I've named the blog "Not Another Beach Wedding"

It seems to me most people assume that because we live in Miami, we want some sort of typical beach wedding. To be honest i've shot beach weddings and I think they are lovely...but not for us. We do not want to get married on a beach, near the beach, or with a beach view from a hotel ballroom. I don't want nor need sand, palm trees, or the ocean breeze.

I've searched high in low for other blogs that might have some advice for a girl like me living nowhere near the charming country. Although I've found barn like venues further north, we decided traveling 4&5hrs just wasn't for us.

So here I am. Even though a huge part of this, is just a way to vent, and document our journey through the wedding process, I do hope that at some point someone like me living nowhere near the charming country can find the information she/he may need to have there own rustic wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment